Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I Believe

Loss is never welcomed or convenient. The time of grief is lonesome, stressful and awkward. You feel betrayed, confused and as if someone hit you in the stomach. You need great patience with your slow healing heart. You are angry one moment and sad the next moment.
As much as we would like to avoid loss and the unpleasantness in our lives, sometimes it is inescapable. Instead, we must learn how to grieve in healthy ways and work through our difficulties.
Much of the emotional distress during the early stages of grief results from an identity crisis. You ask yourself, "Who am I now? I'm no longer someone's daughter or wife or best friend. Where do I get my strength from now? Who will know me like my loved one who is gone too soon? Who do I say I am now?
I will not forget you.I have carved you on the palm of my hand.
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
A loved one is a treasure of the heart and to lose a loved one is like losing a piece of yourself.
But the love that this person brought you...did not leave, for the essence of the soul lingers.
It cannot escape your heart, for it has been there forever.
Cling to the memories and let them find their way to heal you.
The love and laughter, the joy in the togetherness you shared...will make you strong.
You'll come to realize that your time together, no matter how long, was meant to be,
and that you were blessed to have such a precious gift of love in your life.
Keep your heart beating with the loving memories and trust in your faith to guide
you through.
Know that though life moves on...the beauty of love stays behind to surround
and embrace you.
Your loved one has left you that...to hold in your heart forever.

No comments: